Preparing for the Coaching Programme
1. Activity Handbook
You will be annotating this weekly in your sessions with your pupil. Please save the PDF and read through it thoroughly.
(Online Progs) We will not send the annotated handbook PDFs to pupils at the end of the programme. Pupils will receive a summary of what you completed when they fill in the End of Programme Survey in Session 4. This summary will also be used in their session with a careers advisor in Year 11.
3. Additional Resources
(For coaching online) 2 Pupils Support - Vedamo instruction and tips PDF for coaches with two pupils HERE.
Read through the additional reading materials HERE, such as:
The UK Education System
Coaching (skills and tips)
Vedamo - Logistical Information
Once registered, Future Frontiers will set up your sessions with your pupils using your account. We will change your password to do this and will email you the new password.
Using vedamo for online programmes, your sessions will take place within a virtual classroom. You will access this by logging into your account and opening the classroom each week.
You must import the Activity Handbook into the classroom and download it after every session (so you can refer back to the relevant pages, when your pupils complete the End of Programme Survey).
Remember - Vedamo records everything you do in the “room” – we use this to spot check your sessions.
2. Coach Portal Pages and Session Facilitation Notes
Read through each tab of the Coach Portal Menu, especially the individual coaching session pages.
On these session pages, you will find facilitation notes and example debrief questions for each session. You can print these out if you would like a paper version for your sessions.
Tip: block out 45mins-1hr before each session to re-familiarise yourself with the activities. We recommend buddying up with 1 or 2 colleagues for this.
4. (only for online coaching) Online Coaching Platform - Vedamo
1. Register using an emailed link from your Programme Manager from 15th September. Bookmark the login page.
2. Wait for your account to be changed to "teacher" (24-48hours, you will not receive a notification).
4. Practise using your account.
5. If you have issues, please you the chat function on your Vedamo account or join one of our Drop Ins. Email your programme manager for details.
Microsoft Teams Drop Ins